What is anxiety?
Anxiety is a general term for several disorders that cause nervousness, fear, apprehension, and worrying.
Common anxiety symptoms include:
- Feeling apprehensive
- Feeling powerless
- Having a sense of impending danger, panic or doom
- Having an increased heart rate
- Breathing rapidly (hyperventilation)
- Feeling weak or fatigued
There are different types of anxiety disorders that include :
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Each anxiety disorder has different symptoms, but all of them cluster around excessive, irrational fear and dread. Treatment can involve medicines, psychotherapy or both.
Homeopathic treatment for anxiety disorders
You can overcome your anxiety without the prescription medications and multiple consultations at a doctor`s office. Many homeopathic medicines are effective in coping with anxiety. Their advantage is that they boost mood without any adverse effects and they often cure the underlying problem causing anxiety. The homeopathic treatment plan costs substantially less than the conventional medication or the psychotherapy.
The allopathic drugs for anxiety disorders can cause serious withdrawal symptoms if you stop taking them abruptly. If you already have an antidepressant treatment established, homeopathy should be taken at first as an additional medicine along with it. When anxiety is under control, your doctor can start decreasing very slowly and gradually the doses of the conventional drug thus avoiding any side effects while tapering off. You should never do weaning off on your own.
A few of the most common homeopathic medicines prescribed in helping sufferers of anxiety disorders are listed below:
- Ignatia - Anxiety often related to grief, romantic break up or worries. Mood swings, changeable symptoms. Tendency to spasms вЂ“ lump in the throat, chest constriction, abdominal spasmodic pain.
- Gelsemium - Anticipation anxiety; heavy head feeling; trembling body; excessive sweating; diarrhea and frequent urination due to anxiety.
- Argentum nitricum - Once he has had a panic attack, he often develops irrational fears about the situations he is in during the attacks and begins to avoid them. Anxious, always too rushed. Diarrhea from being anxious. Panic attacks on planes, bridges, fear in narrow places.
- Aconitum - Anxiety due to sudden fright or shock. Sudden anxiety, palpitations, chest pain, fear he is dying.
In addition to homeopathic medicines, other effective treatments for anxiety disorders include exercise, meditation, relaxation techniques, stress management, support groups, and self-help steps.