In adults, both tonsils and adenoids shrink. However, they can all swell up again with infections.
Symptoms of Infected Adenoids:
- Breathing through the mouth
- Snoring when asleep
- Talking with a ’blocked nose’ sound
- The inability to pronounce certain consonants, including ’m’ and ’n’
- Dry and sore throat because of breathing through the mouth
- Yellow or green mucous coming from the nose.
Because adenoids are located near the opening of the Eustachian tubes, inflammation or enlargement of the adenoids may block the tubes, thereby contributing to middle ear infections.
Homeopathic Treatment for Enlarged Adenoids:
Homeopathic treatment is often an excellent alternative to the surgical removal of the adenoids because adenoids are believed to play role in immune system activity.
Most Common Homeopathic Medicines in Enlarged Adenoids:
There are about 30 homeopathic medicines for enlarged tonsillitis. Some of the most commonly prescribed ones are:
- Agraphis - enlarged adenoids and tonsils, tendency to recurrent middle ear infections due to enlarged adenoids. Stuffy nose. Impaired hearing due to enlarged adenoids.
- Baryta carbonica - enlarged adenoids and tonsils, recurrent ENT infections, timid and slow child with delayed physical and mental development, speech or language delay.
- Calcarea carbonica - chubby child with a large head.Getting tired easily.Tendency to recurrent sore throat and middle ear infections. Enlarged soft lymph nodes. Chronic constipation, eczema. Slow and fearful child.
- Calcarea phosphorica - tall and slender child, slow and very painful teething, early caries. Moaning, whining child.
- Calcarea fluorica - enlarged adenoids with hard lymph nodes; congenital scoliosis; early caries;recurrent sprains. Slow dentition and learning to walk.
- Tuberculinum - one of the most effective medicines in enlarged adenoids, tonsils and lymph nodes. Children who get ENT infections every other week or every month.
Duration of the homeopathic treatment for adenoids depends on the adenoids`s size. Symptom relief /stuffy nose, snoring, postnasal drip/ is usually observed within a month or two after the onset of the treatment.