Simple steps to help body detox
There are many different types of detox diets and they should be tailored to meet your individual needs.
Homeopathy can be an important part of a gentle detoxification program that safely cleanses the organs without side effects.
A Detox Plan
Here is a safe and simple detox plan:
- Start with a 3-5 day juice fast (drinking only fresh fruit and vegetable juices and water). Twice daily take Psyllium Husk. It acts as a natural laxative.
- Eliminate alcohol, cigarettes, coffee, refined sugars and saturated fats.
- Drink plenty of water (8- 14 glasses a day)
- Eat high fiber organic fruits and vegetables.
- Take Vitamin C - it helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
- Take twice daily a probiotic.
- Practice deep breathing exercises for 10 minutes a day.
- Take a daily contrast shower. After taking a hot shower and feeling warm, turn down the temperature so that it gets cooler and then wash your body in this cold water for about a minute. Then switch back to the hot shower for the next two to three minutes. Repeat this cycle at least three times with each cycle ends with the cool shower.
- Use a homeopathic detox for at least 3 weeks to promote elimination of toxins through the liver, intestines, kidneys and skin.
Detox side effects
However, a detoxification diet can create a number of symptoms as your body goes through the process of purifying itself and eliminating toxins. Symptoms may include:
- lack of concentration
- frequent urination
- mucus or other discharge
- a coated tongue
- skin rash
It is important that you continue with the detox and not take any conventional drugs for these symptoms. After the elimination process is done successfully, most people experience an increased feeling of general well-being and they gradually return to a normal diet.
Homeopathic drainage therapy and detox
Homeopathic drainage therapy is one of the best ways to promote body`s natural process of detoxification. Clinical experience in homeopathy has shown that some homeopathic medicines are able to improve blood circulation and help the body gently release the accumulated toxins and wastes from all cells and tissues. Homeopathic drugs have a drainage action when prescribed in low potencies (3X,6X, 3C, 5C).
Homeopathic drainage therapy is very useful and effective in every detox program. Complex preparations containing mixtures of such drainage medicines are available and widely used for maintaining health and well-being. The length of treatment may last from 3-10 weeks and usually depends on the person`s state of health. Homeopathic drainage therapy is natural, safe and compatible with other therapeutic modalities. It also minimizes detox side effects.
Homeopathic medicines for body detox
Each homeopathic drainage medicine has an affinity for a certain organ. Some of them drain the liver and the kidneys, others help the skin or the lymphatic system.
The most common homeopathic medicines for body detox include:
- Nux vomica is the 21st-Century Man`s medicine, indicated for symptoms due to sedentary lifestyle and over-indulgence in stimulants, rich foods, coffee, cigarettes and alcohol. It improves detoxification of the liver and intestines.
- Chelidonium - a reliable liver and gall bladder drainer; especially useful in thick gall bladder secretions and gallstones.
- Hydrastis drains the liver, gall bladder and the intestines; helps the body get rid of excess mucus.
- Berberis is a powerful kidney and liver detoxification; lowers uric acid levels and dissolves uric acid stones.
- Saponaria and Fumaria - skin draining.
- Hamamelis and Carduus marianus - draining of the venous system.
- Phytolacca - drainer of the lymphatic system.
- Aloe - detoxification of the rectum.