Nearly one-third of people who have high blood pressure don’t know it. Most of the time, there are no symptoms, but when this chronic medical condition goes untreated, it damages arteries and vital organs. Improving diet and increasing physical activity are key to achieving normal blood pressure. Still, there are specific minerals (tissue salts) that can assist in lowering blood pressure.
What are tissue (cell) salts?
Dr.Schuessler, a 19-th century German physician, developed the 12 tissue salts, also known as cell salts. They are 12 minerals available in each cell and tissue that are essential to body`s metabolism. When these vital tissue salts are in the correct ratio or concentration, the body is healthy. As soon as the tissue salts ratio is disturbed, the proper cell functioning is impaired, resulting in illness. We should get tissue salts through our diet but due to our modern lifestyle we lose every day minerals through stress, bad nutrition and environmental toxins.
Tissue salts are homeopathic dilutions of the mineral salts that our cells need to function properly. Although they are not classed as genuine homeopathic preparations, they are offered in low dilutions such as 6X and 12X.
The best tissue salts for high blood pressure
The tissue salts for hypertension include:
- Tissue salt No1 Calcarea fluor (Calcium fluoride) – Calcium fluoride improves the elasticity of arteries. When body lacks calcium fluoride, formation of calcium deposits in arteries and heart valves are often observed.
- Tissue salt No3 Ferrum phos (Calcium phosphate) increases the level of oxygen in the blood and tissues. It also helps the formation of red blood cells. New studies show that inflammatory processes are important participants in the development of hypertension and cardiovascular disease. Ferrum phos is one of the best tissue salts for the treatment of inflammation.
- Tissue salt No7 Magnesia phos (Magnesium phosphate) – Magnesium is one of the most common nutritional deficiencies in those who follow the standard American diet. Too much stress also depletes your supply of magnesium, leading to symptoms such as insomnia, fatigue, agitation, spasms and hypertension. Various studies indicate that magnesium supplementation reduces both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
Food sources for the above tissue salts
For faster results your diet should also contain more foods rich in the above mentioned tissue salts.
- Foods containing Calcarea fluor include organically grown oranges, pumpkin grapes, lemons, rye flour, buckwheat and mustard.
- Foods containing Ferrum phos include spinach, lettuce, radishes, celery, lentils, onions, apples, strawberries and walnuts.
- Foods that contain Magnesia phos include oats, peas, green and dried beans, leafy vegetables and figs.
How to take tissue salts?
Tissue salts are safe and effective. They are available in tablet form in most pharmacies or health stores.
Tissue salts and healthy diet are often sufficient to normalize blood pressure in people with mild hypertension.
If you are diagnosed with severe hypertension, you can also experience significant decrease in your blood pressure if you use the above mentioned tissue salts daily for a few months together with your conventional anti-hypertensive drugs.
Take 3 -5 tablets of each salt and let them dissolve in your mouth once a day for 3-4 months. Patients with moderate to severe hypertension require long term use of tissue salts.